Our Commitment to Privacy
Left Seat Ventures is committed to maintaining the confidentiality, integrity, and security of personal information about our current and prospective customers. Please note that certain details of this policy may depend on whether you deal with us through an investment professional, directly as an individual, or whether Left Seat Ventures provides consulting services to your company. The privacy policies of Left Seat Ventures are reviewed annually. Our printed and online notices are then updated to reflect any changes.
How and why we obtain personal information
Left Seat Ventures takes great care to protect personal information about you and when we use it, we do so with respect for your privacy. We may use personal information about you to service, maintain, and protect your account; process transactions in your account; respond to inquiries from you or your representative; develop, offer, and deliver products and services; or to fulfill legal and regulatory requirements. Left Seat Ventures may collect public and non-public personal information about you from any of the following sources:
- You or your representative on applications or forms (for example, name, address, Social Security number, birth date, assets and income)
- You or your employer or plan sponsor if Left Seat Ventures provides them with recordkeeping services (for example, payroll, human resources, or benefits information)
- Transactional activity in your account (for example, trading history and balances)
- Other interactions with Left Seat Ventures (for example, discussions with our customer service staff or information you enter into our websites)
- Other sources with your consent or with the consent of your representative (for example, from other institutions if you transfer positions into Left Seat Ventures.
How we protect information about you
Left Seat Ventures considers the protection of personal information to be a foundation of customer trust and a sound business practice. We employ physical, electronic and procedural controls and we regularly adapt these controls to respond to changing requirements and advances in technology. At Left Seat Ventures, we restrict access to personal information to those who require it to develop, support, offer and deliver products and services to you.
How we share information about you with third parties
Left Seat Ventures does not share personal information about our customers with unaffiliated third parties for use in marketing their products and services. We may share personal information with the following entities:
- Unaffiliated service providers (for example, printing and mailing companies, securities clearinghouses, marketing service providers, and other entities who may provide services at Left Seat Ventures direction)
- Government agencies, other regulatory bodies and law enforcement officials (for example, for tax purposes or for reporting suspicious transactions)
- Other organizations, with your consent or as directed by your representative (for example, if you use Left Seat Ventures as a financial reference in applying for credit with another institution), or as permitted or required by law (for example, for fraud prevention or to respond to a subpoena)
Our service providers are obligated to keep the personal information we share with them confidential and use it only to provide services specified by Left Seat Ventures. Based on the nature of your relationship with Left Seat Ventures, we may exchange information with other third parties as described below:
- If Left Seat Ventures provides workplace services to your employer or plan sponsor, such as payroll, human resources or benefits recordkeeping services, Left Seat Ventures may exchange any information received in connection with such services with your employer or plan sponsor or others they may authorize.
- If you contract business services performed by Left Seat Ventures, we may validate and obtain information about you as permitted by law.
How we share information about you within Left Seat Ventures
We may share personal information about you with various Left Seat Ventures corporate affiliates including internal service providers which perform, for example, printing, mailing, and data processing services. Additionally, if you interact with Left Seat Ventures directly as an individual investor (including joint account holders) or if Left Seat Ventures provides services to your employer or plan sponsor, we may exchange certain information about you with Left Seat Ventures financial services affiliates, such as our brokerage and insurance companies, for their use in marketing products and services as allowed by law. Information collected from investment professionals’ customers is not shared with Left Seat Ventures affiliates for marketing purposes, except with your consent and as allowed by law.